A car bomb attack in the Agean province of İzmir near the courthouse left at least three people wounded on January 5, Hurriyet Daily News reports, citing Doğan News Agency.
According to state-run Anadolu Agency, three militants also entered into an armed clash with police, two of whom were later killed.
The agency said a car was burning car at the scene. A reporter for Doğan News Agency said the attack occurred at the entrance for judges and prosecutors.
A number of ambulances were dispatched to the scene.
A temporary gag order was also issued on the attack.
The attack marked the second in just the first five days of 2017, as the country was rocked by a series of terror attacks last year.
A gunman opened fire on New Year revelers at a packed nightclub on the shores of Istanbul’s Bosporus on Jan. 1 killing at least 39 people, including many foreigners, before fleeing the scene.
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) had claimed responsibility for the attack.
In December, 2016, two bombs placed by the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) militants exploded outside a football stadium in central Istanbul, killing 44 people.
On December 17, 2016, a car bomb by the PKK killed at least 13 soldiers and wounded 56 when it ripped through a bus carrying off-duty soldiers in the central city of Kayseri