YEREVAN. – A woman and her four grandchildren died in a tragic incident in Armenia’s Kotayk province.
The woman and four underage were found by police in an apartment in the town of Nor Hachn on Saturday afternoon.
According to preliminary reports, Zhanna Simonyan, 77, and her grandchildren – Eduard, 16, Serine, 12, Tigran, 15, and Zhanna, 14, – died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Two bodies were found in the bathroom and three in the bedroom, Shamshyan.com website reported.
Parents of the children are divorced and live in Ukraine. Grandmother and uncle were taking care of children in Armenia.