YEREVAN. – As of April 5 the aggressive actions of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces have intensified. The clashes continue.
It is reported growth of tensions on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border, in particular, in Tavush region.
Armenian News – NEWS.am presents chronology of events.
• Karabakh MOD: In the early morning hours on Tuesday, the adversary used Smerch “whirlwind” heavy multiple rocket launcher system at the Line of Contact. No casualties were reported.
• MOD: The Azerbaijani Armed Forces fired in the direction of Berdavan and Koti villages in Tavush Province of Armenia . Armenian military serviceman Zori Ashrafyan (born in 1983) sustained shrapnel wound.
• The President of Georgia, Giorgi Margvelashvili, urged the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan to exert utmost efforts to pacifically settle the currently tense situation in Nagorno-Karabakh.
• US Congress member Jim Costa: I question Aliyev’s sincerity in trying to reach a resolution. It is my hope the United States continues to work with the Minsk Group until the Azerbaijan government reverses its pattern of escalating violence against the peaceful people of Nagorno Karabakh.
• The Defence Ministry of Armenia publicized the names of six Armenian military servicemen .
• Karabakh army: Azerbaijan bombarded NKR Martakert town on April 4.
• Karabakh Defense Army’s press office has posted a video of a regular Azerbaijani unmanned aerial vehicle destroyed on April 4.
• NKR President’s press secretary David Babayan: The reaction of the international community is necessary to curb Azerbaijani terrorist actions.
• Chinese Foreign Ministry: Beijing hopes fot solving present situation through peaceful negotiations.
• Mayor of Martakert Misha Gyurdzhyan: As a result of yesterday’s attack in Martakert there are new destructions. Women, children, old men are placed in safe places. People in their native land are ready to defend it.
• Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif: Tehran can assist in solving the contradictions of the parties if they wish.
• Spokesperson for the Armenian Defense Ministry Artsrun Hovhannisyan: In the Mataghis sector, the Azerbaijanis are removing, from the surroundings and intermediates of their own military positions, the corpses of the soldiers destroyed by their barring troops,” Hovhannisyan wrote. “They shot twice from the rear at their own troops which, under the pressure of Armenian divisions, were leaving the positions.”
• NKR President’s press secretary David Babayan: There are grounds to state that mercenaries from ISIL group or other terrorist organizations participated in military operations against NKR. This is evidenced by the set of circumstances: they communicated in the Turkish and Arab languages, were dressed in a different form and acted as fighters. Also differed on age – all were above 30.
• Members of the Armenian community in Sweden carried out a demonstration against Azerbaijan in front of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden.
• Press secretary of the Minister of Defense of Armenia: Azerbaijan is using the Israeli-made Harop unmanned combat air vehicles,in its current aggression.